Sunday, April 2, 2017

Nutcracker Ale

Who doesn't love a nice body warming beer in the winter? Well it's time to change because the Nutcracker Ale by Boulevard is a dark, medium heavy, hoppy beer that you won't want to put down. This beer has hints of molasses but is very well balanced by the spiciness of Chinook hops. It has a taste like a Pale Ale to me because I get a caramel malt taste and then it also has a citrus from the dry hoppy, it leaves a fruity aftertaste. I really like this beer because it is very different than your regular winter beer it doesn't have the heavily spiced winter warmers like the other ones. Even though it is a medium heavy I think it is very drinkable because of all the flavors it gives off. It is a great beer to have on a snowy cold day sitting by the fire. I would definitely recommend it during the winter. Overall a nice winter warmer from Boulevard. Simple, but to the point. 8.5 out of 10 rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment